irq?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Jun 13 18:27:03 UTC 2005

Am Mo, den 13.06.2005 schrieb Kevin Turner um 20:06:

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html
  --> 4. IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO A MESSAGE --> "no top posting, please!"

> i have tried a number of linux distros, all of which set the irq for my RPTI
> EP401 ethernet card to 3, and all of which do very strange things when i try
> to use the network card for both my home network and the internet. the only
> distro that i have found that works is simplyMepis, which sets the irq to 7.
> since mepis is a debian based system, and since i want access to the wide
> range of rpm packages, it would be nice to get fedora core 4 up and running
> on my laptop. which is why i asked about changing the irq.
>
> anyway, as far as i can tell it is ISA.
> so, how do i go about setting the parameter at module load time?
>
> regards - kevin

Your model is listed in /etc/pcmcia/config as »"EP401 Ethernet NE2000
Compatible"« Following howtos should help:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/PCMCIA-HOWTO.html#ss3.3
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp/doc/PCMCIA-HOWTO-4.html

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:20:21 up 20 days, 18:58, load average: 0.27, 0.33, 0.35