FC4 on PowerBook G4: trackpad or USB mouse not recognized

Anton Zolotkov azolotkov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:18:14 UTC 2005

I installed (with a bit of difficulty) FC4 on my PowerBook G4. After
the first reboot, the attempt to change monitor settings caused it to
freeze (the picture stays on the screen, but no response from
keyboard). Trackpad was not recognized by the installer, neither was a
generic USB mouse. When I finally got into Gnome, I tried a few other
mouse modes using system-config-mouse, but none worked. Any ideas on
how to get the trackpad/mouse working?

--
Anton Zolotkov.