FC4 unable to reconfigure network from eth1 to eth0

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jun 15 19:42:51 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 15.06.2005 schrieb Clifford Snow um 21:03:

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~seabra/linux/FedoraRules.html
 -> 1. NO HTML MAIL, PLEASE

> FC4 up and running on a Dell 600m laptop.  Upgraded from FC3 using the
> DVD image.  Upgrade went very smoothly.
>
> While waiting for Linuxant FC4 driverloader, I'm using my wired
> ethernet connection, eth0.  Using system-config-network tool, I've
> enabled eth0 and disabled eth1.  eth0 is configured to activate on
> boot and to allow users to control.  Problem is a reboot doesn't see
> the new configuration and the settings I've saved previously in
> system-config-network are gone.
>
> I've verified that /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0 and
> /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/defaults/ifcfg-eth0 contain the
> right settings before rebooting.
>
> Any suggestions?

> Clifford Snow

Check the content of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethX. And too
see /etc/modprobe.conf for the aliases for eth0 and eth1.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:40:15 up 22 days, 20:18, load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.12