SELinux on single-user box?

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 11:39:43 UTC 2005

2005/6/15, Ben Steeves <ben.steeves at gmail.com>:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm not trying to start a flamewar or anything, this is an innocent question:
>
> Is there any compelling reason to run SELinux on a home system that is
> mainly "single-user" if you are running a well-configured firewall

Yes because a firewall doesent protect you from e.g. a potential bug
in your webbrowser that leads to remote code execution ;)
Why turn security features off? if you have problems rather report it
to bugzilla ;) (solutions vs workarounds)

> with almost all services turned off or filtered?
>
> I notice a lot of posts (the NVidia driver one most recently) that
> report problems going away when SELinux is disabled.  I don't enable
> it on my home machine for this very reason.

i have a 64 bit box with gforce 6200 pcie and cant confirm the problem.