SELinux update broke OpenOffice.org

Adam Gibson agibson at ptm.com
Thu Jun 16 22:31:19 UTC 2005

It seems that after an upgrade FC4 does not relabel your home
directory(I kept mine as is during the upgrade).  Firefox would not work
with my plugins that were installed in my user directory.  2 ways to fix
this.

Make sure all files are relabeled by relabeling your entire file system:
su as root and then...

touch /.autorelabel

When you reboot all filesystems will be relabeled including /home which
will relabel your shared libraries in your home directory as a library
so that selinux will allow it to load.

Relabel just the home directory:
/sbin/restorecon -vR /home