fc4 vs virtual terminals?

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Fri Jun 17 01:44:49 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 15:28 -0700, K. Richard Pixley wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what happened to the virtual terminals which
> previously were located on ctrl-alt-f1 & friends?
>
> In fc4, all of the virtual terminals appear to be displaying a neon
> green frame, but no text, no getty, no way to access the machine aside
> from X11, (which appears to be broken).
>
> I don't see anything in the release notes about this either.

I was having lockup problems with the NVidia driver and my Geforce2 MX,
and in trying to fix them I attempted to turn off AGP using 'Option
nvagp "0"' in the xorg.conf file. This didn't stop the lockups, but
after restarting the X server it did fsck up all my virtual consoles.
Rebooting and moving to the open source 'nv' driver fixed both issues
(but now I have no 3D :( )

--
Aaron Gaudio <prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org>