cd wont eject

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Jun 17 05:05:39 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 04:56 +0100, Mohamed Ameur wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>

>>I use FC3.
>>
>>I usually have this problem with KDE, and very rare on Gnome, the DR
>>drive won’t eject , I try to umount it and I get the message that the
>>device is busy, even to be ROOT , so I always have to reboot.
>>

>That usually happens because the device IS busy.
>
>Something is accessing something on the CD. Maybe a file browser window,
>maybe a shell - maybe a program.

Hi All,

Mohamed, what Michael is saying, is, perhaps you have a terminal that is
at /media/cdrecorder, type pwd to check this, and due to this, the CD
won't eject. If this is the case, just type cd and press enter, and then
type eject, or right click the icon and choose eject. That should allow
you to remove the media from the player. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.