SOLVED -> Re: FC4: ipw2200 & wpa_supplicant

Schlueri schlueri-lists at schlicker.org
Fri Jun 17 15:11:10 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 17.06.2005, 11:50 +0200 schrieb Schlueri:
> After i've installed the ipw2200 firmware in /lib/firmware i can
> successfully connect to wlan AP unencrypted and with wep, but i want to
> go with wpa-psk. So i've read the net about it and installed
> wpa_supplicant, but i can't get it to connect via wpa-psk:

Successfully connected FC4 on Dell Inspiron 9300 to Netgear WGR614 using
WPA-PSK.

This may help other people struggling with wireless lan and wpa-psk:

I've downloading the kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4.src.rpm and following the
directions in FC4 Release Notes to re-config & rebuild the original fc
kernel.
I remove the ipw2200 stuff by disabling the "Generic IEEE 802.11
Networking Stack" Option and make & installing the new kernel.

After reboot i'm downloading the ipw2200-1.0.4 driver from
http://ipw2200.sourceforge.net and installing it following the INSTALL-
File.

Now loading the new ieee80211_crypt_ccmp, ieee80211_crypt_wep,
ieee80211_crypt_tkip, ieee80211 and AFTER these modules the ipw2200
module (the firmware goes to /lib/firmware/). Configuring and starting
wpa_supplicant and wait some seconds to authenticate via wpa.

"ifup eth1" and STRIKE getting my ip via dhcp.... Wireless Lan via WPA-
PSK works from now. :-)

On demand i can post more infos about wpa_supplicant configuration. Now
i must get the modules loading in the right order during bootup, i
think /etc/modprobe.conf is the right way oder rc.local?

relaxed greetz! ;-)
Dirk