Not very happy with FC4

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jun 17 17:14:11 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 17.06.2005 schrieb Alexander Volovics um 15:23:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 08:21:47AM -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
>
> > > 3) Backspace does not work when using vi(m) in xterm (or in mutt
> > >    under xterm). When using vi(m) in gnome-terminal backspace works
> > >    correctly.
>
> > This is fixed using the bugzilla note you ere referred to 155538
> > Just insert the line: *ttyModes: erase ^?       <-- this is the backspace
> > before the change.
>
> > and thes problems are fixed.
>
> I did this after Alexander Dalloz referred me to the relevant bug
> in bugzilla where this was mentioned and indeed this fixes the
> bug when using vi(m) in an xterm but I still see this curiously
> enough when using vi in mutt in an xterm. So it is 50% fixed for me.
>
> I will walk through all this again tonight and see what happens.
>
> Alexander

If you while using vim in mutt enter the command ":fix", does it repair
the backspace behaviour? ":help fixdel" will give you some more helpful
information about "t_kb".

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:07:54 up 24 days, 17:45, load average: 0.19, 0.18, 0.17