Screensavers for FC4?

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jun 20 01:23:05 UTC 2005

Temlakos wrote:

> Jim Lowman wrote:
>
>> This is pretty stupid, but I noticed that the screensaver selections
>> are not populated in the AMD64 version of FC4.  This is the first
>> time that I've seen this since RH9 at least.
>>
>> I just finished downloading the .iso images for the 32-bit version
>> and will install it later today to see if it's the same.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any advice.
>>
>> Jim
>>

> # yum install xscreensaver-extras xscreensaver-gl-extras
>
> That should do it.
>
> Bottom line: while the xscreensaver program remains part of Core, the
> individual screensaver programs are now moved to Extras.
>
> Temlakos

The packages are distributed with FC4 on the installation discs and are
still located in core. I believe the upstream xscreensaver is split in
such a way also. Base, extras and gl-extras.
Since the programs are all compiled at the same time, you would want to
keep them located in the same repostory for maintainng a uniform build.

Jim

--
All new:
	Parts not interchangeable with previous model.