FC 4 Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG issues

Samuel Sharpe sams at bundaberg.qld.gov.au
Mon Jun 20 04:00:10 UTC 2005

Just got a new Toshiba TECRA A4 laptop with the Intel (2915ABG)
wireless, which is not faulty (tested in Windows). After loading FC4 I
discovered there is not firmware for the adapter included, so I have
tried various versions of the firmware and driver including the latest
1.04 and 2.3 and the only one that appears to be successful without
errors is:
- ipw2200-1.0.0
- ipw2200-fw-2.2

Using the above versions the Intel adapter is reconised on bootup and
also when doing a rmmod ipw2200 and modprobe ipw2200. When doing a
network restart or a system restart the only error I am getting at the
moment is:
- # ipw2200: failed to send SCAN_REQUEST_EXT command

I was wondering if anyone has come across a fix for the problem??

--
Regards,

Samuel Sharpe