NVIDIA Driver on FC4

Nathaniel Husted nhusted at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:17:56 UTC 2005

On 6/20/05, André Alves <andrehfranco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have installed the nvidia driver on Fedora Core 4?? I'm with
> serious problems, after the instalation of the driver and modify the
> xorg.conf file I only have a black screen on startup. Any help?? There
> are any more procediments in fc4?
>
> --

The install worked fine for me. The procedures I took were:
1. Freshly install FC4 x86_64
2. Add all the needed repositories to yum... specifically livna.
3. Install the nvidia drivers via yum. I believe I typed: yum install
kernel-module-nvidia-`(uname -r)` or something along those lines.
4. Everything installed fine with no problems.

I've got an Athlon64 and a Geforce 6600GT