Teamspeak and ALSA

Stefan Held obi at unixkiste.org
Thu Jun 23 00:47:59 UTC 2005

Am Dienstag, den 21.06.2005, 21:07 +0200 schrieb Bjorn Andersen:
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with Teamspeak2 and sound apps. Only the one started
> first gets access to the sound card. How can i make it work both ways?

Hi Bjoern.

The Problem with Teamspeak is, you need a Sound Card and Drivers that
support full duplex config. Most of the Sound Daemons don't do this
correctly.

So give direct Access for the Sound Devices to the Teamspeak
application. But as long as this uses the sound devices there is no way
that something else could be used.

Sorry for that, but maybe a request to the Teamspeak Developers with
addressing this problem should help. Imho there should be a possibility
to use an sound server for output and direct access for the input over
the Mic.

--
 Stefan Held                    VI has only 2 Modes:
 obi at unixkiste.org              The first one is for beeping all the time,