Browsers for those IE-only sites

Tarjei Knapstad tarjei.knapstad at predichem.com
Thu Jun 23 09:58:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 19:35, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Having failed at using certain websites with Opera, Konquerer, and
> Firefox, I feel the need to install yet another browser on my FC3 box.
> Can anyone recommend a browser that might succeed where the big three
> have failed? I usually use KDE but am open to gnome projects as well,
> as they will run in my KDE desktop anyway.

1. Complain to the site maintainer/webmaster - make sure you mention
that Opera + Firefox now has considerable marketshare.

2. While you wait for something/nothing to happen, grab wine:

http://www.winehq.com

and then go here:

http://sidenet.ddo.jp/winetips/config.html

and install IE in a Wine environment on your Fedora install. (If the
Wine FC3 RPM's don't work under FC4 you'll either have to wait a bit for
FC4 RPM's to appear or try to rebuild from the SRPM)

--
Tarjei