X server not reponding

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 13:22:35 UTC 2005

> Do you have anything else setting DISPLAY?  When used by SSH, it should be
> something like "DISPLAY=localhost:10.0".
>
> Does it fail if you run something simple (like xlogo)?
>
> Also, just a hunch, but post the contents of your /etc/hosts file.
>
> --
> William Hooper
>
> --

Ok here's my hosts file:

127.0.0.1               localhost.localdomain localhost
192.168.1.102        dan

Nope nothing else is setting the display environment variable DISPLAY.

As per the diagram below of what I'm doing, the "intermediary box" has
its envrionment variable set to "localhost:10.0" but the "remote box"
has its environment defaulted to dan:0.0. How can I get dan to send X
through the ssh connection.

my box -----> intermediary box ------> remote box (dan)

between each I am using ssh -X ( I tried -Y aswell)

Thanks

Dan