misc questions

Neil Dugan fedora at butterflystitches.com.au
Fri Jun 24 07:48:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 00:40 -0400, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> 1) I have two machines, suggestively called FC4 and FC2. On FC4 I'm
> running NFS and I export two partitions to the local network. On FC2 I use
> automount to mount them. All is well as long as the firewall is off on
> FC4, but there's "no route to host" or something like this when I bring
> the firewall up on FC4. I opened 2049, 111 tcp and udp on FC4, to no avail.
> What ports should I open on FC4?

I don't know if this has changed for FC4 but for FC3 if you edit the
'etc/sysconfig/iptables' file, on the 2nd last line is a line something
like

"-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited"

if you insert on the previous line

"-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j LOG"

You will get what is being blocked by the firewall in you 'messages'
log, this should help you figure out what ports need to be allowed
though.