FC4 & linux-2.6.12 & EMU10K1 & digital out

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:29:10 UTC 2005

Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 12:05 +0200, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>has anyone tried linux-2.6.12 on FC4 with a SB Live! EMU10K1 and digital
>>output yet? I still get sound from my headphones but I cannot get the
>>digital connection to work :-(
>
> I have digital in working on the Live Drive (Platinum), but don't know
> about digital out.
> See
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?module=emu10k1
> Probably you must set in /etc/modprobe.conf:
> options snd-emu10k1 extin="0x3fc3" extout="0x1fcf"

EMU10K1 is the sound card that /I/ have! I've been using it with a
digital speaker-and-subwoofer set since FC3.

In FC4, you have to /configure/ the Volume Controls. Right-click the
speaker icon and select "Preferences." You will be shown a list of
sliders that you can make visible to you when you open Volume Controls.

Look for a checkoff switch labeled "SB Live Digital Audio Output." Make
that visible and then switch it on.

One thing I /love/ about the new ALSA system is that it remembers, from
one session to the next, where I set my PCM slider and that digital
output switch. So I don't have to turn them back on every time I reboot.

Temlakos