Connecting 2 computers to the internet

John Miller fedora at n4vu.com
Fri Jun 24 19:02:01 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> The last thing that I want to do is introduce a THRID computer to
> this. I'm not about to go out and invest in a router,
<snip>

You've kind of limited your options there, Dotan.  But it can be done.
For openers, you'll need two ethernet ports in one of your computers
(two boards, or a motherboard ethernet port + an expansion board).  That
machine will serve as a router.  My recommendation, though, would be to
find yourself something like a Linksys router, used.

The archive diving you mentioned will give you a good start if you want
to make your of two machines a router.
--
John Miller