[FC4]Samba doesn't accessible to Windows

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jun 26 16:16:56 UTC 2005

Am So, den 26.06.2005 schrieb Leon Pu um 18:08:

Do not top-post please!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

> Unfortunately, I did some wrong setting in System setting/Security
> level task, I cannot open it now.
>
> I'm not sure whether the command system-config-securitylevel is same
> with this task, here is the return error after I execute it.

> Leon
>
> [root at N-3 ~]# system-config-securitylevel
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[ ... ]
> socket.error: port/proto not found

You obviously did not have installed all (or any) FC4 updates. There is
a system-config-securitylevel update package available since 16. June
which addresses the bug, which causes s-c-s to fail when you specified a
port which is not listed in /etc/services. So install that update and
all others if needed.

Alexander

Serendipity 18:13:34 up 1 day, 1:05, load average: 0.05, 0.12, 0.17