FC3>FC4 Upgrade Install Doesn't Find Existing Installation

Andy Schlei andyschlei at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:29:01 UTC 2005

Jim Cornette Wrote:

>This happened to me with an earlier installation. I backed up my important
>information and reinstalled using the tried and true normal partitioning
>scheme
?vs. lvm. I thought, this is great, using LVM as default, then fail to
recognize this during the next installation.

>Sorry no help.  I had this happen to me during a test installation.
>
>I recall someone speaking of a trick they used by allowing the previous
>installation CD to boot up to media test, then swap discs to the FC4 disc
>and proceed with the installation. I don't recall if this problem was
>overcome or not using this method.
>
>Jim

My test machine updated fine with LVM so I don't think that is the problem.
I also tried the upgrade using the DVD and got the same error.  It would be
a major pain to re-install as this machine is my primary server.

Thanks,

--Andy