vsftpd dead but subsys locked

nick drehinsi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:35:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

Can anyone help me trying enable vsftpd back to it normal state?
ftp was working before but since I was editing the vsftpd.conf I've
broken vsftpd, getting an error; vsftpd dead but subsys locked.

I forget to take a backup of the vsftpd.config so I had to repalce the
file from ftp://vsftpd.beasts.org/users/cevans/untar/vsftpd-2.0.3/vsftpd.conf

Still cannot get ftp to work, my next option is to
unistall/re-install, does anyone know how I can unistall vsftpd or
maybe fix vstftpd error?

Thanks v.much

Nicks