Website/FTP Management

Jean-Rene Cormier jrc at jrcormier.com
Tue Jun 28 12:59:37 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 09:35 +0100, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good package for maintaining a remote website
> using FTP ?  I manage several websites, keeping the 'master' on my FC3
> machine - what I need is a way to have the remote website look like a
> mirror of my master tree.  I looked at the 'mirror' package, but it
> works exactly the other way round.

I use lftp for that, I just create a file with what I want it to do,
open host then mirror (with the -R option) the content of the website
then I just need to run lftp -f file and it'll do it automatically. Also
lftp can connect to sftp servers so if you have ssh access you don't
even need an ftp server running on the remote host.

--
Jean-Rene Cormier <jrc at jrcormier.com>