NVIDIA Driver on FC4

Jonathan Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 09:49:47 UTC 2005

André Alves wrote:
> Anyone have installed the nvidia driver on Fedora Core 4?? I'm with
> serious problems, after the instalation of the driver and modify the
> xorg.conf file I only have a black screen on startup. Any help?? There
> are any more procediments in fc4?

Yes, I too see this with FC4 and the latest driver (7667 - released a
couple of days ago). There's an entire thread on this on the discussion
forum for the linux nvidia drivers on the nvidia site. Unscientifically
I changed two things at once, I upgraded from FC3 to FC4, and from
driver 7167 to 7667. The combination gave the black screen issue, but I
haven't had time to revert to an older driver yet to see where the
problem lies.