Layer 7 filtering

Ovidiu Lixandru ovidiu at linux360.ro
Wed Jun 29 18:29:40 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mi, den 29.06.2005 schrieb Ovidiu Lixandru um 20:09:
<snip>
> Sorry to say, but this is the wrong auditorium for Red Hat Linux 9
> issues.

I didn't know who else to ask. fedora-legacy-list seems to have another
purpose than user problems with projects in Legacy.

> O man, that old kernel is long. long time obsolete and a no-go for a
> firewalling router! Have a close look at the Fedora Legacy Project.

I know, however it serves its purpose and it's a nicely tweaked machine.
I don't really want to go upgrading. Besides, old bits of software have
their charm. ;)

> Migrate to Fedora - then you are right here (or get RHEL or CentOS and
> use their communication routes).

I've backported some of the packages from FC1 and FC2, but the core is
still Shrike. Is this a "if it works, it's high time for an upgrade"
trick question? :)

So, does anyone have any pointers for software filtering using 2.4 kernels?

--
Ovidiu Lixandru
linux360