Restarting the mouse after KVM switch

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jun 30 03:26:26 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 29 June 2005 11:39, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 11:34, David Gavin wrote:
> >  The Belkin FAQ for their KVM suggests that you make sure that the mouse
> > is not moving at all when you switch systems.
> >
> > Dave Gavin
>
> IMHO no one should use Belkin KVM switches.  :)
>
> They have been a cause of a fair amount of traffic on the list over the
> last couple of years.

I would second this, having been one of the posters with Belkin problems. The
referenced parameter psmouse.proto=*** (there are a couple of these, and imps
doesn't always work) just disable the wheel, which isn't so satisfactory a
solution.
 And, on another note, my iogear unpowered KVM suggested by someone here many
months ago, has worked faultlessly. It's buried behind my monitors and a
stack of cables and I never give it a thought. I've recommended it to a
couple of associates who are equally pleased. It's also cheap. It comes with
it's own cable-set, and handles very hi-rez monitors without ever losing the
keyboard or mouse.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA