while installing fedora..

venkateshpitta venkateshpitta at indiatimes.com
Thu Jun 30 20:55:03 UTC 2005

hi,

I tried to install fedora on a computer. The graphical install proceeds upto the point of selecting Autopartition or DiskDruid. No matter which is selected, an error message pops up saying "There were no valid disk drives found. Check your hardware.". On one of the other terminals(4 may be), I saw messages beginning with <3> and <4> saying drive seek error and error on sector ######.

I suspect fdisk/mbr from DOS could have done something bad on the disk because Windos is still running on that disk. If someone knows about any tool that can fix this, please point me to that.

thank you
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com

Bid for for Air Tickets @ Re.1 on Air Sahara Flights. Just log on to http://airsahara.indiatimes.com and Bid Now!