strange nfs problem

Neil Dugan fedora at butterflystitches.com.au
Fri Sep 2 06:51:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 07:26 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> Try checking the permissions on /etc/exports:
>
> $ ls -lZd / /etc /etc/exports
>
> I get:
> drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:root_t         /
> drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:etc_t          /etc
> -rw-r--r--  root     root
> system_u:object_r:exports_t      /etc/exports
>
> Paul.

Hi Paul,

# ls -lZd / /etc /etc/exports
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:root_t         /
drwxr-xr-x  root     root     system_u:object_r:etc_t          /etc
-rw-r--r--  root     root     root:object_r:etc_runtime_t      /etc/exports

I don't know what this means, and I don't think it matters.  I noticed
that there was a new 'nfs-utils' in the update listing.  After doing the
update everything worked.  I can only assume with this that the 'nfs-
utils' I got with my update (after the initial install) of a few days
ago had a bug in it somewhere.

As the NFS seems to be working now, thanks for having a look.

Regards Neil.