Sound is mute everytime after reboot

Rodolfo Alcázar rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Fri Sep 2 16:36:17 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 17:00 +0200, Johan Lozano wrote:
> i noticed that the sound goes mute each time after rebooting my laptop.
> (fc4 x86_64)
> i reset it by the volume control but after reboot every option in the
> volume control goes back to mute. how can i make this to stay good?

Try this:

-Set volume levels as you want to find them on reboot.

Run '/usr/sbin/alsactl store 0' to save new volume settings.

Open '/etc/rc.local' and add the line 'alsactl restore 0' to the bottom
of this file. Save it.

Reboot. Last sound setting will be restored.

Rodolfo Alcazar rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Netzmanager Padep, GTZ
591-70656800, -22417628
LA PAZ, BOLIVIA

-- Darth Vader:
Commander, tear this ship apart until you've
found those plans. And bring me the passengers, I
want them alive!