display problem in FC4

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 15:34:12 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have unknown problem with my display in FC4.
My video card is Nvidia RIVA TNT2 (one of the old).
The last driver which support this card is Version:
1.0-7174
<http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_ia32_1.0-7174.html>.
 Installation of this driver seems to be ok (because
it compiled and installed without any problem) but
after changing to run level 5, the screen goes blank
and X gives error and closes but I can still login
using different tty. I have also set the 'xorg.conf'
setting properly as instructed. Till Fedora Core 3,
this method was working fine but I don't know. It
seems like it stops when loading the "glx" thing. I
guess the log is in the '/var/log/Xorg.0.log' (I am
not sure) but its too long to post here.

if anybody encountered this problem or have a solution
please help me.

Actually the default driver of linux is fine for my
videocard but I have a dual boot system and driver of
two system seems to work litle differently coz' i need
to adjust my monitor setting everytime I change from
linux to windows and vice versa.

Thanks in advance

Deepak K. Shrestha

Deepak K. Shrestha