Feedback invited for Inspiron 6000 w/ ATI MOBILITYT RADEON® X300 64MB HyperMemoryT

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Mon Sep 5 04:58:52 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 00:38 -0500, Reshat Sabiq wrote:
> Do you mean suspend to memory or suspend to disk?

So far I've only tried suspend-to-ram. That's what used to work in APM
days. I haven't started reading about suspend-to-disk, I have no idea
what that requires.

> The former doesn't work on most linux installs, as far as i know. The
> latter is becoming more and more widespread.

Hmm, time to look into it, then. Does it need to be supported by the
laptop?

> I think you'd have more luck w/ the latter. Did resume work for you w/
> a generic VESA driver?

I have never used the VESA driver, only xorg's own radeon driver. I
didn't try suspend with that one yet. I might give it a shot, so far I
stuck to the ATI driver, since it works so well otherwise.

Cheers
Steffen.