sharing printer with samba in FC4 (update)

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Mon Sep 5 08:13:42 UTC 2005

Am Sonntag, den 04.09.2005, 16:59 +0100 schrieb Deepak Shrestha:
> In my previous post I mistakenly put the "Printer not
> accessible". Instead it says "Access is denied" in the
> installed network printer icon in windows machine.
> Does it have something to do with firewall?

If you have the firewall active you have to configure it for Samba.

If you can access your file shares on the samba servers, everything is
fine for printing, too.

After having installed the network printer on the Windows box, there
will be a message "no connection, access denied" or something like that.
In any case I had to deal with it could savely be ignored. Printing
works anyway.

Peter