(still) update conflict between kdelibs and kde-i18n-Polish

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 6 12:23:32 UTC 2005

  i'm still having a problem updating a very recently installed FC4
system due to a number of alleged file conflicts between the following
two packages:

	kdelibs-3.4.2-0.fc4.1
	kde-i18n-Polish-3.4.2-0.fc4.1

"yum list updates" tells me that these two package would both come
from FC's "updates-released" repo, which makes perfect sense.  but
they clash based on a number of files in /usr/share/doc.

what's odd is that my long-running (and constantly-updated) FC4
production system has both of those packages installed so, clearly,
they must have been updated without problem at some point on this
system.

on the other hand, this new system was installed so recently that it
has 469 packages that are listed as being updatable.  why the conflict
on the new system and not the old one?  thoughts?

rday