different SSH/keychain behavior on Fedora Core 4?

Cameron Mura cmura at ucsd.edu
Wed Sep 7 05:38:01 UTC 2005

hi,
just another piece of data regarding my earlier post (below) -- i found
that when I issue a command like "konsole -e ssh some.where.com" from a
konsole window, then the newly generated konsole window which is
logged-in to the remote shell opens just fine (i.e., without passphrase
prompting)... but when I define a new KDE panel button (as described
below) with this 'konsole' command, I am again greeted with the
passphrase request...
so somehow this new FC4 behavior (wrt FC3) seems to be depend upon the
newer KDE/SSH/etc packages standard in FC4?..