thunderbird?

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Thu Sep 8 09:46:35 UTC 2005

Seeing the hype and considering evolution's lack of stability I finally
decided to give thunderbird a try. Unfortunately I am having a lot of
issues and wonder if someone has found a solution for these:

I use a lot of IMAP folders that get filled by procmail. While evolution
has the ability to "Check for new messages in all folders" it seems that
thunderbird needs to have a flag set on each folder that receives
messages.

As far as I understand the IMAP standard, clients are supposed to flag a
message as deleted and expunge them later. While evolution conforms to
this, thunderbird defaults to moving messages to a "Trash" folder and
even when changing the default it appears to be incapable of hiding the
deleted messages from the view.

TIA
Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

Experience is what you get when you expected something else.