sharing printer with samba in FC4 (update)

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 09:51:41 UTC 2005

Thanks for the some detailed advice. I will give it a
try. Right now now I am trying to install the new rpm
package with upgrade version but it doesn't like. I
want to uninstall all previous installed pacakages but
my rpm query only shows the samba packages. If I try
to upgrade the samba-common package, it shows the
error that current version of samba-common is needed
by the currently running samba. Can you give some
steps on how did you upgraded to new version of samba?

Do I need to stop the samba server first? or rpm
package know how to do it itself?

Why can't I just upgrade the rpms? rpm -Uvh doesn't
work.

Do I need wipe out the current samba entirely before I
will install the new package?

Thanks a lot!