sharing printer with samba in FC4 (SOLVED)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Sep 9 15:19:54 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 23:09 +0800, Michael Lai wrote:
> Deepak Shrestha wrote:

> Although the status still says "Access denied", your print jobs should
> be prepared by your windows printer driver by virtue of the "use client
> driver" line.  Go to your printer, right click on it and choose
> Properties.  You should be able to find options in there to specify what
> ink to use.
----
the access denied because user isn't a printer admin and therefore
cannot alter the queue or properties - it's still a usable printer. It
would be nice if it didn't pass that error which confuses people
----

> >One thing I couldn't understand on CUPS Driver option
> >is "Printout Mode" and "Resolution, Quality...". How
> >can I tell CUPS to decide on what ink to use depending
> >on the nature of the document being printed?

----
I'm not gonna suggest that I am any more knowledgeable on cups but I
believe that this only sets the default print setting which can be
changed by the driver if configured properly at the client level.

Craig