postgres

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Fri Sep 9 17:12:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 19:01 +1000, Neil Dugan wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 13:38 +0800, Nirav Parikh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I intalled postgres on machine running fc4. Now when I do the database
> > restore I get the errors:   language plperl doesn't exist
> >                                                                                                                                             tsearch does not exist
> >
> > Does anyone know how to install tsearch and plperl ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Neo
>
> Hello Neo,
>
> I don't know about 'tsearch' but to install the plpgsql I used.
> # su postgres
> $ createlang plpgsql template1

Using that method is best done right after initializing the
database, and before creating any new databases, that way
it will be installed by default on any database that is created.

If the database has already been created, then use :

$ createlang plpgsql <database>

Where <database> is the database you want plpgsql for.

I am also unsure about tsearch, since I have never used it, but
I am quite certain it is part of PostgreSQL contrib package :

ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/postgresql-
contrib-8.0.3-1.i386.rpm

I hope that helps.