Change Sendmail Port?

Corey coreyhead at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 00:25:48 UTC 2005

I would like to change my sendmail port from 25 to something else.  How
do I do this correctly?  In the sendmail.mc file is this:

> dnl # The following causes sendmail to additionally listen to port 587 for
> dnl # mail from MUAs that authenticate. Roaming users who can't reach
> their
> dnl # preferred sendmail daemon due to port 25 being blocked or
> redirected find
> dnl # this useful.
> dnl #
> dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=submission, Name=MSA, M=Ea')dnl

When I removed 'dnl' from this line, sending worked great!  However, no
mail got through TO the server when that was active.  Is there something
else that needs to be done?  I'm using dovecot for the pop/imap portion.

Thanks!
Corey