Re re ftp download of FC4

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Sun Sep 11 21:12:43 UTC 2005

On Sunday 11 September 2005 05:38, Gaber,M wrote:
> On Saturday 10 September 2005 11:10, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > I decided to have a look at FC4 and have run into a problem with the
> > servers. I have tried six times on six different mirrors for the CD set
> > and twice for the DVD and on everyone the MD5sums are way incorrect.  So
> > to see if it was my problem I d/l'd Mandriva 2006rc1 and it came down
> > with no problem?  Are the SHA1sums on Fedora mirrors wrong or any
> > suggestions? TIA --
> > Dennis M. linux user #180842
>
> Hi Dennis
>
> i think your problem is that ftp download could have got a corrupted
> version . use the sha1sum of dvd installation disk for example.
> if not exact you could continue it's installation by using a bittorrent
> client and make it's destination ur previously downloaded file. Enjoy FC4

Hi Dennis:

I don't know what you are using for ftp, but I've had great success with gftp
(erven under kde).  Also, I try to use mirrors from the Fedora-Mirrors list
that are fairly close when possible.  For me that is either UofOregon or
Stanford and tend to do major downloads late at night when local traffic MAY
be lower.

HTH,
Tom

--