[SPAM DETECT] Linux-compatible webcam recommendations invited

M Daniel R M danes16subscrip3 at ya.com
Sun Sep 11 21:42:39 UTC 2005

El dom, 11-09-2005 a las 13:57 -0500, Reshat Sabiq escribió:
> I'm interested in webcams that support both 640x480 and 320x240
> resolutions.
>
> P.S. Preferrably w/ integrated microphone. Preferrably for laptops.
>
> Thanks.

Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000 works fine for me. It is not too much
expensive (about 65-70 € -Europe), it's a two-year-old model, but I
think still there is nothing better into its range of price/quality.
It's a decent webcam that should work OK; despite Logitech, this gadget
is well supported in Linux since its beginning. Now, it comes with 2
bases, one for CRT monitor surfaces and another one for LCD flat
monitors. The first one is shit in any situation (unstable), so
personally I use the second one for my CRT. It has a integrated mic.

In order to run it, you will need the pwc module loaded. Be careful
because the last one that comes in FC4 doesn't work, probably you will
need to (remove the old one and) install it (the newer one) by hand.

Not to be proud, all in all it's only a webcam, not a digital camera, so
what you can expect from it is approximately what you finally get...

Regards,

Daniel