recompile php-mysql

Eric Wagar eric at deadhookers.org
Mon Sep 12 17:50:44 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 10:49 -0700, Eric Wagar wrote:
> I see that there is source for php4, which I would assume would be all
> of php, including the mysql so.
>
> Since the mysql portion is broken up and provided as php-mysql in Fedora
> releases, how do I go about recompiling the php-mysql for use with MySQL
> 4/4.1?  The one included < FC4 is compiled for MySQL 3.23.  I use MySQL
> 4.1, so I need an updated php-mysql to properly work with the DB.

While trying to do an rpmbuild -ba, I receive these messages:
#define PHP_SAFE_MODE 0
#define PHP_SAFE_MODE_EXEC_DIR "/usr/bin"
#define PHP_SIGCHILD 0
#define PHP_WRITE_STDOUT 1
#define SIZEOF_INT 4
#define SIZEOF_LONG 4
#define STDC_HEADERS 1
#define WITH_BCMATH 1
#define YYTEXT_POINTER 1
#endif
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;

configure: exit 1
+ make -j4
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

RPM build errors:

But, while doing a ./configure; make; make test of the php source, I get
a proper build.

How do I go about troubleshooting the rpmbuild function?

Thanks
eric