sound problem

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Sep 13 13:38:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 11:28:14AM +0100, harry weston wrote:
> Thank you Alex. Yes I can move the sliders up and down. The one I have
> moved to max is the CD slider. But playing a sound CD tells me unknown
> artist, unknown album . I do have a Win. partition on the disc and this
> works fine with sound so know that all is connected up ok. Something I
> am missing somewhere !. Regards,  Harry.

The unknown artist, unknown album is a function of the CD player program
and the CD . It has nothing to do with sound. You don't say . Does the
CD play and sound is heard, or not.

What pains others pleasures me,
At home am I in Lisp or C;
There i couch in ecstasy,
'Til debugger's poke i flee,
Into kernel memory.
In system space, system space, there shall i fare--
Inside of a VAX on a silicon square.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University