burn DVDR faster than 1.30x

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 16:44:43 UTC 2005

alan wrote:
> Are you using an ide cable rated for 133?

Um. Sounds like a red herring to me. The drive only supports 33 MB/s.

The manual, which can be found at
http://us.lgservice.com/jsp/common/download.jsp?DOC_ID=KROWM000058431&FILE_NAME=KROWM000058431.pdf&ORIGINAL_NAME_b1_a1=GSA-4120B-ENG-55C.pdf&FILE_GUBUN=I
(phew) says (page 10):

Performance:
Data transfer rate
*Sustained          CD-ROM : 6000 Kbytes/s (40X max)
                    DVD-ROM : 22160 Kbytes/s (16X max)
*Burst(ATAPI)       16.6 Mbytes/s (PIO Mode 4), (MULTI-DMA Mode 2)
                    33.3 Mbytes/s (Ultra-DMA Mode 2)

So 33 MB/s is all you're going to get out of the drive interface. And
this is enough for 16x DVD.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Space Opera: General term for a subgenre of adventure
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | SF in which the men are heroic, the women beautiful,