Mail Services

Randall J. Berry lrxlinux at verizon.net
Wed Sep 14 23:05:12 UTC 2005

    Hi,
I'm setting up mail services on my box I'm looking for opinions on what
combination SMTP/POP/Mail AV/Spam Filtration works best together.

I currently have Sendmail, Postfix and Exim installed I also have ClamAV
and Spam Assassin along with the rest of the 'everything' install
package from the Fedora install.

The primary function is going to be so that I can pull all of my mail
from multiple accounts/servers and hold it locally, then just use a pop
client to read it from a local server. I also want local control over
spam and AV as well. For sending mail I plan to set up the MTA to login
to the server associated with the outgoing from address for each
account. Nothing fancy, just  for the learning experience more than
anything.

Any sugestions on which combination to use?