cannot connect to the Internet on fc4 - confirm

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Sep 15 12:04:16 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 15.09.2005 schrieb Jared Hall um 13:39:

> On Debian this information is held in a file named
> "/etc/network/interface." What I'm looking for now is the file name
> which contains the information you told me about. What's really
> bothering me is that there seems to be no file named
> "/etc/network/interface"  and I find that extremely disturbing for
> many reasons:
>
> 1)  This file should exist

It should no. Just because this is Fedora and not Debian. Distributions
do things differently.

> 2)  I'm not 100% certian if Fedora and Debian use the same name for it

Please see 1)

> 3)  Even if Fedora does use a different name I still should have found the file

You haven't searched good enough ;)

grep -nr "the IP you did set" /etc/

Exchange the search string with what you think to find.

> 4)  Why would such a file evaporate?

See 1)

> 5)  What else am I doing wrong or not thinking about?

See 1) and 3)

> Jared

Alexander

Serendipity 14:01:50 up 24 days, 10:45, load average: 0.08, 0.08, 0.08