[HOW] Changing FC3 file system to accept longer file names?

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Thu Sep 15 14:58:13 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-15-09 at 09:12 -0500, Jay Paulson wrote:
> I was wondering how do I get the FC3 file system to accept longer file
> names?  I have a few files that are X characters long on my Mac OSX
> machine and when I move the files over to my FC3 system I get the error
> of the file being too many characters and to rename it.  The problem is
> I can't rename these files for whatever reason.  Help!
>
> Thanks,
> jay
In addition to the other questions ;

What are you using to transfer the files :

netatalk - 32 character limit
scp
ftp
samba

Please provide more information than "X characters long". Unless
you are using the Roman Numbering system where X = 10, we can not
help you solve an indeterminate variable. If you are not sure
which file it is, try some tests and figure out what the maximum
file size that will transfer is.