nfs mount

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Sep 16 22:35:48 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 01:35:58PM -0700, Vijay A Raghavan wrote:
>
>>I am trying to nfs mount one dir on the server to
>>another client.
>>
>>Both on the server and client I restarted portmap,nfs
>>and autofs everything is restarting fine. In the
>>/etc/sysconfig/autofs file based on the suggestion of
>>few in this forum I have changed the localoptions to
>>udp on both the machines.
>>
>>In the /etc/exports dir I have the folloing
>>
>>/u01 192.105.12.10(rw,sync)
>>
>>Where /u01 is the dir in the server and 192.... is the
>>ip of the client.
>>
>>Both the machines run on FC-4 and I tried with
>>mount nfsver=2 option too but I get the server down
>>message.
>>
>>Let me know if there is a solution to tackle this.
>>
>>-Vijay
>
> Have you both nfs and nfslock started in /etc/init.d
> Anyway you have to restart the nfs or run exportfs -a after you change
> the exports file.

Right.  portmap, nfslock and nfsd must be running on the server:

	service portmap start	(starts portmapper)
	service nfslock start	(starts lockd and statd)
	service nfs start	(starts nfsd, mountd and quotad)

On the client:

	service portmap start	(starts portmapper)
	service netfs start	(mounts NFS filesystems in /etc/fstab)

And you must "exportfs -a" on the server any time you modify
/etc/exports on the server.
-           "I understand Windows 2000 has a Y2K problem."           -