Newbie: GIMP help-section

Marcus Zingmark blackline at bodymodification.se
Sun Sep 18 10:09:30 UTC 2005

The help-section in GIMP is mostly empty for me, I only have the
subjects from 1 to 1.3, rest is empty.

Yum says I have "gimp-help.noarch 2-0.1.0.7.1" installed

Anyway, i tried to install "gimp-help-2.0.9.tar.gz" that I found online,
and ./configure gave me this message:

"checking for GIMP... Package gimp-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config
search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gimp-2.0.pc'
No package 'gimp-2.0' found
configure: error:
** Couldn't find a GIMP-2.0 installation. If you want to skip this check and
** install the help files to the configured prefix, use the --without-gimp
** configure option. Note that GIMP will then only find the help files if it
** is installed in the same prefix. See the file 'INSTALL' for more help."

I only want the help section up and running, and I'm kind of new to
Linux, so please help :)