MathML in Firefox

George N. White III aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Sep 18 11:44:41 UTC 2005

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Matthew Saltzman wrote:

> Anybody have success with MathML in Firefox?  I installed mathml-fonts from
> Extras and the Mathematica and MathType TrueType fonts in subdirectories of
> /usr/share/fonts.  Reloaded xfs, restarted Firefox. Went to the test pages
> listed at www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/demo/ and they all look hideous.
> Spacing and sizes are all wrong, brackets all look like little ladders, lots
> of other ugliness.
>
> Using FC4, firefox-1.0.6-1.2.fc4, mathml-fonts-1.0-18.fc4.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

Others have mentioned bug 150393 and the workaround, but it is worth
noting that the generic Firefox beta 1 from mozilla.org does a good job
with  <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/demo/texvsmml.xhtml>.
There are some font problems with other mathml sites.

--
George N. White III  <aa056 at chebucto.ns.ca>