file system errors and empy fstab

Ken Schutte kschutte at csail.mit.edu
Mon Sep 19 05:37:10 UTC 2005

I'm still not sure how it happened, but I was able to get things working
by writing my fstab from scratch (using knoppix fstab as a guide).  In
recover mode, I had to remount / to be be writable using:
# mount -n -o remount,rw /

I thought I'd post an update here for anyone searching for the same
problem...